1) Physical fitness: playing badminton burns fat at approximately 450 calories per hour and that can help keep you in tip top shape.
2) Increase muscle tone: playing badminton builds and tones the quads, gluteus, calves and hamstring. In addition, your core muscles, arm, and back muscles get a workout as well.
3) Weight loss: Badminton can help lose weight because of its fat burning and metabolism boosting qualities. Combined with proper diet, optimal weight loss may be achieved.
4) Develops athleticism: The fast-paced nature of the game increases your speed and improves your reflexes. Intelligence is also a factor since pleaders must know how to deceive their opponents in every shot.
5) Psychological benefits: Badminton helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Exercise increases endorphins, which are the brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, and has
also been found to improve mood and sleep.
6) Social health: You'll need at least one opponent, but you can also play with a
teammate and two opponents. The social interactions of a game will result in positive feelings after a session on the court. Joining a league can also help you become part of a community.
7) Good for overall health: Badminton can reduce or eliminate your risk for many health problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. It can also reduce your risk for coronary heart disease by reducing your triglyceride levels and increasing your “good “ cholesterol.
8) Flexibility and muscle strength: The more you move, the more flexible you become, especially in a sport like badminton where swinging and reaching are required.